The alkalized cocoa powder is also known as Dutch Process cocoa powder and is being widely used in various food, beverage, cosmetics, and nutritional products due to its enhanced taste. The alkalized cocoa powder is manufactured by either alkalizing the press cake obtained after the processing of the cocoa butter, by directly alkalizing the nibs or alkalizing the cocoa liquor. As the by-product of the chocolate industry, cocoa powder is either used as a natural or alkalized to form alkalized cocoa powder. The alkalized cocoa powder has found various applications, even more than the cocoa butter which is the main product of the chocolate industry that is used in various confectionery.
The Color of the Alkalized Cocoa Powder Increasing its Demand in the Non-Confectionery Market
Alkalized cocoa powder is increasingly being used in the non-confectionery products due to the higher flavor and the color intensity which could enhance the taste as well as the appearance of the products. Due to the color intensity and the flavor, the amount of powder added to end product can be reduced thus decreasing the cost for the end product manufacturers.
Ask for the Brochure@ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/brochure/rep-gb-8760
The color and the uses of the cocoa depends upon the pH of cocoa powder during the alkalization. Depending upon this, there are different types of alkalized cocoa powders. The main application of the alkalized cocoa powder is in the bakery and food service industry as the texture the alkalized cocoa powders give to the end products in terms of appearance and taste, has increased its demand here.
Alkalized Cocoa Powder: Key Players
Some of the leading manufacturers of global alkalized cocoa powder market are Moner Cocoa, S.A., Barry Callebaut AG (Bensdorp), CCBOL Group S.R.L., GCB Cocoa Singapore (Carlyle Cocoa Company), Ephoka Europe S.L., Faravari Danehaye Roghani Cocoa Tabriz Co., JB Foods Limited (JB Cocoa Sdn. Bhd.), Indcre SA, Ciranda, Inc., Olam International.
Alkalized Cocoa Powder: Key Developments
- Olam International, in 2015, acquired the Cocoa business of the Archer Daniels Midland Company to form a new business, Olam Cocoa to become a fully integrated cocoa bean and cocoa products manufacturer and supplier.
- In 2017, Olam International launched a new alkalized cocoa powder that does not contain sodium. Instead the alkalized cocoa powder contains potassium with which it is alkalized as the potassium is deficient in the human diet.
Alkalized Cocoa Powder: Regulations
There are various regulatory committee’s that inspect the alkalized cocoa powder especially those used for human consumption. These regulatory bodies are different in different regions and the manufacturers have to follow the guidelines to manufacture alkalized cocoa powder. In Europe, this is monitored by the European Food Safety Authority and in the U.S., it is the Food and Drug Administration. There are also multiple regulatory authorities in a single region for ensuring safe products are being delivered.
On the global level, the International Cocoa Organization (ICCO) is composed of the cocoa-producing as well as the cocoa consuming countries. The organization makes sure that there is fair-trade of the cocoa among these countries.
Alkalized Cocoa Powder: Opportunities
The alkalized cocoa powder demand has been increasing due to the rise in the applications of it in non-confectionery products such as bakery and dairy products. But the use of the cocoa butter has remained static in the past few years which is affecting the quality of alkalized cocoa powder. Also, there has been an increase in the prices of the alkalized cocoa powder. This has resulted in many large alkalized cocoa powder manufacturers to outsource these powders from others. This is a good opportunity for the new players that want to manufacture alkalized cocoa powder.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the alkalized cocoa powder market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as product type, application, and end use.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Alkalized Cocoa Powder Market Segments
- Alkalized Cocoa Powder Market Dynamics
- Alkalized Cocoa Powder Market Size
- Alkalized Cocoa Powder Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to Alkalized Cocoa Powder Market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in Alkalized Cocoa Powder Market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of Alkalized Cocoa Powder
- Value Chain Analysis of the Alkalized Cocoa Powder Market
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Alkalized Cocoa Powder: Segmentation
The global alkalized cocoa powder market is segmented on the basis of nature, type, end use, distribution channel and packaging.
On the basis of nature, the global alkalized cocoa powder market is segmented as –
On the basis of type, the global alkalized cocoa powder market is segmented as –
- Light Brown
- Medium Brown
- Dark Brown
- Very Dark Brown
- Reddish Brown
On the basis of end use, the global alkalized cocoa powder market is segmented as –
- Bakery and Confectionery
- Dressings and Sauces
- Desserts and Ice-creams
- Instant Food Mixes
- Dietary Supplements
- Personal Care and Cosmetics
- Pet Food
- HoReCa/ Foodservice
On the basis of distribution channel, the global alkalized cocoa powder market is segmented as –
- Specialty Stores
- Convenience Stores
On the basis of packaging, the global alkalized cocoa powder market is segmented as –
- Paper Bags
Ask for the TOC of this Report: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/toc/rep-gb-8760
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing dynamics of the alkalized cocoa powder market in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation and analysis
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the alkalized cocoa powder market
- Competitive landscape of the alkalized cocoa powder market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on alkalized cocoa powder market performance
- Must-have information for alkalized cocoa powder market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, the global financial capital, and has delivery centers in the U.S. and India. FMI’s latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
Future Market Insights
Unit No: AU-01-H Gold Tower (AU), Plot No: JLT-PH1-I3A,
Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Dubai,
United Arab Emirates
For Sales Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Media Enquiries: email@example.com