Appointment commences next phase of growth for Aon Cyber Solutions following acquisition of Stroz Friedberg
Aon plc (NYSE: AON) today announced that Jason Hogg has joined the firm as Leader of Aon Cyber Solutions, responsible for the growth strategy of the firm’s solutions that help clients address and manage cyber risk. He will also serve as Chief Executive Officer of Stroz Friedberg, an Aon company, succeeding Michael Patsalos-Fox. Patsalos-Fox is retiring after successfully leading the company through the Aon acquisition and integration.
“Managing cyber risk effectively requires information security and risk leaders to work together to address this dynamic issue,” said Michael J. O’Connor, CEO, Aon Risk Solutions. “Following last year’s acquisition of Stroz Friedberg, Aon now has unparalleled ability to bring together all the relevant stakeholders in an organization to advise on how to collaborate to manage cyber risk. Jason’s strong technology background, business leadership, and entrepreneurial experience will be invaluable as we grow our capabilities to best serve client needs today and in the future,” said O’Connor.
Hogg joins Aon from Tritium Partners, a private equity firm where he was a senior advisor and a CEO Partner responsible for prioritizing investment exploration in information, risk, cyber security and business intelligence services. Hogg started his career as a special agent for the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and has held executive positions with Blackstone Group, American Express and MBNA.
“This is an exciting time to be joining Aon,” said Jason Hogg, Leader of Aon Cyber Solutions and Chief Executive Officer, Stroz Friedberg. “Aon is helping clients integrate risk management and information security to address cyber risk in a new way. We have a unique ability to help our clients strengthen organizational resilience that is changing the way companies think about cyber security.”
The appointment of Jason Hogg as Leader of Aon Cyber Solutions is the latest in a series of announcements from Aon, demonstrating the unique cyber capabilities and expertise the firm is building to help best serve clients, including:
- Aon’s Cyber Captive program, which helps companies identify, assess and quantify cyber exposures
- Aon’s EU Data Protect, which helps organizations prepare for the EU General Data Protection Regulation and protect against financial impacts of the regulation
- Aon Cyber Enterprise Solution™ a property/casualty and Internet of Things insurance policy that offers comprehensive and integrated enterprise-wide coverage against cyber risk
- The appointment of James Trainor, former Assistant Director of the FBI’s Cyber Division in Washington, DC, as Senior Vice President within Aon Cyber Solutions
- Aon’s acquisition of Stroz Friedberg, which brought together two of the world’s most highly skilled and accomplished teams focused on cyber risk transfer, mitigation, advisory, and response
Stroz Friedberg co-founders, Ed Stroz and Eric Friedberg, will continue to play a vital role in the Stroz Friedberg organization as co-presidents.