Bioplastics are gaining significant momentum as a solution to the global plastic phenomenon. Strong focus on sustainability along with aversion of consumers towards products with high environmental impact has led to popularization of bioplastics in a wide range of industries. The packaging industry, in particular, which is heavily reliant on conventional plastic for its convenience factor, is turning to bio alternatives to fulfill the demand of eco-conscious consumers. The result is expected to lead to increased demand for bioplastics.
According to a detailed study by Future Market Insights, the bioplastics market is estimated to be valued at US$ 43.8 Bn in 2020, nearly 6X surge from the past half-decade. Technological advancements involved in the research and development of bioplastics will further remain instrumental to the market growth.
For more insights into the Market, request a sample of this report@ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb–69
- Bio-PET remains highly preferred material and continues to account for a major share of the total market revenue, followed by bio-PE and PLA blends.
- High application potential has been identified in bottle manufacturing and packaging.
- Manufacturers are focusing on identifying and leveraging white spaces in application of bioplastics, ranging from foodservice disposables to automotive components.
- Asia Pacific remains at the forefront of the global bioplastics market, propelled in bulk by abundance of raw materials and eco-friendly initiatives.
- North America and Europe will continue to offer greater opportunities due to significant transition to environment friendly raw materials.
Bioplastics Market – Key Growth Drivers
- Similar functional properties as materials including PET and vinyl, in addition to production from renewable resources such as wood pulp and corn starch, remain key demand drivers for biploastic.
- Demand is gaining a boost from large international companies such as Coca Cola making the move to start using bioplastics as their packaging material.
- Rapid R&D to indentify lucrative opportunities for innovative bioplastics will continue to shape the market future.
- Strict bans against the use of plastics in several countries will become a big step towards the widespread adoption of bioplastics.
Bioplastics Market – Key Restraints
- Despite its ‘eco-friendly’ tag and benefits over oil-based plastics, bioplastics still tend be relatively expensive.
- Bioplastics are produced in small quantities, making it a challenge to break into established production cycles of their conventional counterparts.
Impact of COVID-19 on Bioplastics Market
Confinement measures triggered by the rapid spread of the COVID-19 have significant impacted the business sphere worldwide, and the bioplastics market is no exception. A notable decline in crude oil prices will be a linear disadvantage for bioplastics, further affected by the higher price point. Post pandemic, green investments are highly likely to be delayed due to a climate of uncertainty created by the crisis. A headwind coming from closure of factories and halt in manufacturing and supply chain operations will become deterrent to the market growth.
We offer tailor-made solutions to fit your requirements, request customization@ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/customization-available/rep-gb–69
The FMI’s study covers detailed profiles of key players operating in the bioplastics market, which include BASF SE, RTP Company, Arkema, Evonik Industries, NatureWorks LLC, Techno Polymer Co. Ltd., DSM N.V., E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, and Toray Industries Inc.
The bioplastics market has been recently witnessing a surge in number of new entrants with a myriad of offerings. For instance, in January 2020, toy giant Mattel launched new building block sets made from bio-based plastics. The company plans to use 100% recyclable, bio-based plastics for its products and packaging by 2030. Additionally, presence of key players such as Eastman with breakthrough innovations including Trēva™ engineering bioplastic will continue to drive the global market to new heights.
Key Segments Covered
- Bio-degradable Polyesters
- PLA & PLA Blends
- Starch Blends
- others (Durable Starch Blend, Bio-TPE, Bio-PUR, Bio-PC, Cellulose Derivatives and PCL)
- other packaging
- consumer products
Key Geographies Covered
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, the global financial capital, and has delivery centers in the U.S. and India. FMI’s latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth.
Mr. Debashish Roy
Unit No: AU-01-H Gold Tower (AU), Plot No: JLT-PH1-I3A,
Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Dubai,
United Arab Emirates
MARKET ACCESS DMCC Initiative
For Sales Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Media Enquiries: email@example.com
Why pay for news and opinions when you can get them for free?
Subscribe for free now!
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: . You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact
NEWS4 days ago
Henry Kissinger, American diplomat and Nobel winner, dead at 100
BUSINESS4 days ago
Tevfik Arif: Architect of Success in Business Ventures
INVESTING4 days ago
Public investors with $4.3 trln are down on China but in on net zero
NEWS3 days ago
After Musk tirade, X faces prospect of more advertisers fleeing