Fintech Startup Intrinio Selected for Engage Ventures 2018 Growth Program
Engage go-to-market program partners startups with Fortune 1000 executives
Intrinio set to work with executives from Invesco, Intercontinental Exchange
Intrinio, a financial data marketplace providing more than 200 data feeds, announced today it has been selected by Engage Ventures to participate in its 2018 go-to-market growth program. The program is set to feature mentorship from executives from companies including those at Invesco and Intercontinental Exchange (ICE).
“We are thrilled to work with Engage – unlike any venture fund or accelerator I’ve come across, Engage offers startups like us the opportunities to work hand-in-hand with executives at major corporations who have the depth of experience and relationships that can help us grow our business,” said Rachel Carpenter, CEO of Intrinio.
“The Engage go-to-market growth program not only is a great opportunity for the startups selected, but it provides the partner firms in Engage the chance to reconnect with the startup community, collaborate with innovators, and play a key role in making their visions come to fruition,” said Martin L. Flanagan, president and CEO of Invesco and chairman of Engage. “Intrinio’s focus on making financial data accessible and affordable to everyone from individuals to institutions is what attracted our attention to the company, and I look forward to seeing what we are able to accomplish together during the course of the program.”
Engage is the largest strategic grouping of major corporations in an independent venture fund. Founding companies include AT&T, Chick-fil-A, Cox Enterprises, Delta Air Lines, Georgia-Pacific, Georgia Power Foundation, Inc., Intercontinental Exchange (ICE), Invesco Ltd., The Home Depot and UPS.
“Bringing together top executives and founders of high-growth companies to focus on the development of go-to-market strategies has immense potential,” said Thiago Olson, managing director of Engage Ventures. “We were impressed with Intrinio’s traction, including its partnership with Nasdaq and QUODD, and look forward to rolling up our sleeves and working with Rachel and the Intrinio team.”
Engage’s Fall 2017 growth program led to 24 signed contracts and counting between the participating startups and corporate partners, as well as $18 million in closed financings. It is projected that startups in the program will add an average of $400,000 in additional revenue for 2018.
In addition to Intrinio, seven other companies are joining the Engage 2018 Spring portfolio. The full list is below:
- Dev/Con(Memphis, Tenn.) — SaaS-based cyber security software that eliminates advertising fraud.
- Homee(Tampa Bay, Fla.) — On-demand, home servicing app that provides instant access to handymen, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing providers.
- Intrinio(Tampa Bay, Fla.) — FinTech marketplace providing access to more than 200 financial data feeds that cover 350,000 global securities.
- Pryon (Seattle, Wash.) — Developing an AI platform with the accuracy and security features necessary for enterprise applications.
- Stord(Atlanta, Ga.) — Real-time global warehousing network that connects independent, third-party warehouses via an enterprise software platform to drive inventory efficiency.
- SkyRyse(San Francisco, Calif.) — Delivering autonomous flight technologies to revolutionize on-demand transportation.
- ThingTech(Atlanta, Ga.) — IoT service platform that connect assets, fleets, heavy equipment, sensors, machines, and mobile workforces in real-time.
- Verady(Atlanta, Ga.) — Combines blockchain and industry thought leadership to bring accounting and audit technology to cryptocurrencies.
BUSINESS3 days ago
Philanthropy Is an Underrated Tool for Growing Financial Services Businesses
TECHNOLOGY3 days ago
Investment in mental health amongst cybersecurity professionals set to increase according to Infosecurity Europe poll
NEWS2 days ago
Bank shares rise after Credit Suisse rescue eases crisis
TECHNOLOGY2 days ago
Scratched EV battery? Your insurer may have to junk the whole car