Expansion in Europe and Asia, plus demand for strategic integrations and new product innovation are behind growth as leaders in the Partnership Economy
impact.com, the world’s leading partnership management platform, announced today the company’s strong momentum in 2022, driven by new client and agency partner growth, strategic investment in its business, expansion in Europe and Asia, new partnerships and integrations with Adobe Commerce and BigCommerce, and trailblazing initiatives with leading brands.
In 2022, impact.com welcomed more than 500 new clients including Tesco, Klarna and Lovehoney, alongside 67 new agency partners. Additionally, as of the end of the most recent quarter, annual recurring revenue (ARR) and year to date payment processing volume to partners (GTV) have both increased 35% compared to the prior year.
The company also announced its acquisition of Pressboard; providing publishers with a best-in-class platform for branded content, and a number of product innovations and enhancements, including solutions that automatically detect and replace broken links to ensure no clicks go to waste, allow brands to benchmark their performance relative to similar programmes, optimise and grow partnerships, provide in-app messaging and more. This year, impact.com also announced the opening of new offices in Milan, Paris, and Tokyo, and moved into new office spaces in Cape Town and New York City.
“This past year certainly showed us all the importance of resilience, and I am extremely proud of the way our team continued to show dedication to our clients and company – all of which is reflected in our tremendous success in 2022,” said David A. Yovanno, CEO at impact.com. “Our continued growth is proof that the Partnership Economy is resonating with brands around the world. The industry is seeing an enormous wave of investments and technology that will fast track growth for the brands, agencies and publishers that want to efficiently acquire revenue at scale and to build trust with their customers. As we look forward to 2023, I’m most excited about our overall ability to empower brands to challenge traditional advertising tactics and become more relevant to consumers through partnerships.”
From a technology perspective, impact.com continued to demonstrate its leadership in the industry by developing and releasing additional key integrations with Chargebee and Stripe. These important additions to impact.com’s channel partnerships base are driven by soaring demand for strategic ecommerce integrations. impact.com now has 1,000 customers using its tracking integrations with Shopify, BigCommerce, Segment, and Branch.
In 2022, impact.com also took the lead on releasing industry research with WARC, an international marketing intelligence company, which takes a close look at the rapidly evolving brand-influencer dynamic. The research revealed the disparity and alignment of perceptions of marketers and influencers, and offered guidance on how better alignment can lead to more effective and valuable partnerships.
Additional company milestones in 2022 include:
- Published The Partnership Economy book, authored by Yovanno, an insightful, actionable guide to how modern businesses can use partnerships to increase customer acquisition, foster revenue growth, and establish brand awareness and loyalty. The book received acclaim from CEOs, bestselling authors, and publishers, and was featured in NPR, and more.
- Successfully completed the second season of the Partnership Economy Podcast, featuring a new lineup of fascinating conversations about the industry, tips on working with influencers, and more, featuring guests including Elisa Charbonnel of Disney and Robert Glazer of Acceleration Partners. The podcast reached over 50,000 downloads and will continue to grow as more professionals understand the power of partnerships.
- Hosted the Partnerships Experience event, iPX, in New York City, featuring special guest Trevor Noah, and in London and Sydney, which brought together more than 700 industry leaders, innovators, analysts, and trendsetters from across the partnerships industry to discover, network, and exchange ideas for business growth.
- impact.com now powers Walmart’s new content creator portal, Walmart Creator.
- Introduced several new product innovations and enhancements, including Link Scanner, a tool that automatically detects and replaces broken links to ensure no clicks go to waste; Search Compliance, which reduces the incidence of partners bidding on branded or trademarked paid search terms by monitoring partners’ paid search activities for compliance, enforcing policies, detecting violations, and resolving issues through a resolution workflow; Benchmarking, which allows brands to see how their programme stacks up to similar programmes, helping optimise and grow their partnerships; In-app Messaging which allows customers to send messages to brand partners directly on the impact.com platform; Prospects which gives brands one centralised place to track and manage their prospects throughout the entire recruitment funnel, helping to increase recruitment effectiveness; and launched a new partner signup experience for publishers that gives them a guided onboarding experience through a new checklist functionality capturing media property verification, business model selection, and marketplace profile.
- Recognised with more than 25 leading industry awards globally for delivering innovative technology solutions and leadership in the partnerships industry. CEO David A. Yovanno was named the 2022 Best Martech Company CEO by the MarTech Breakthrough Awards, and a 2022 Top 30 Changemaker in performance marketing by PerformanceIN. The company also made Inc.’s inaugural Power Partners list, which honours B2B organisations across the globe that have proven track records supporting entrepreneurs and helping startups grow.
- Relaunched Partnerships Experience Academy, PXA, impact.com’s free online industry training for partners and advertisers. New courses include the Product Expert Training, Agency Training Certification, Pressboard Publisher Tool Basics, and Trackonomics Publisher Tools Basics.
- Announced the promotion of Cristy Garcia to Chief Marketing Officer, the return of Mike Head as Chief Revenue Officer, the hiring of Rajesh Srinivasan as Chief Operating Officer, and appointment of Ning Wang to its board of directors.
- Announced the new Agency Partner Programme, a global programme offering dozens of benefits designed to deepen the company’s relationship with its most valued agency partners, helping agency partners grow, and drive more value for customers.
More information on the company’s momentum can be found in this recap video here and on impact.com.
impact.com, the world’s leading partnership management platform, is transforming the way businesses manage and optimise all types of partnerships—including traditional rewards affiliates, influencers, commerce content publishers, B2B, and more. The company’s powerful, purpose-built platform makes it easy for businesses to create, manage, and scale an ecosystem of partnerships with the brands and communities that customers trust to make purchases, get information, and entertain themselves at home, at work, or on the go. To learn more about how impact.com’s technology platform and partnerships marketplace is driving revenue growth for global enterprise brands such as TUI, Uber, Shopify, Lenovo, L’Oreal, Skyscanner and Levi’s, visit www.impact.com.
Maryum Sheikh, The Digital Voice™PR Agency
Jenna Mills, impact.com