Microcrystalline Cellulose Market – Analysis, Outlook, Growth, Trends, Forecasts
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates – The global demand for Microcrystalline Cellulose (MCC), as per a recently concluded market study by Future Market Insights (FMI), is projected to grow at a moderate rate of 4.5 percent, in 2019. The global Microcrystalline Cellulose Market is projected to reach approximately 139,899 tons in 2019, generating a revenue of approximately US$ 537.7 Million, during the same period.
|Microcrystalline Cellulose Estimated Market Size 2022||US$ 619.80 Mn|
|Microcrystalline Cellulose Market Value-based CAGR (2022-2028)||~4.7%|
|Projected Microcrystalline Cellulose Market Size in 2028||US$ 818 Mn|
The outlook for global microcrystalline cellulose market is expected to remain positive with increased industrial application in a host of end-use industries, specifically food and beverages industry given the shifting consumer preference towards healthy and fibrous food.
Request for Report Sample – https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-1017
Substantial Microcrystalline Cellulose Demand Recorded in F&B Industry
- Given its non-toxicity, 99+% dietary fiber and some salts, and most of all biodegradability, pharmaceutical remains the top most application of microcrystalline cellulose—used as a tableting agent. In addition, chemical purity, low reactivity, better disintegrating property, and greater flowability makes microcrystalline cellulose the primary binder in oral suspensions, sprays, and lotions apart from oral tablets and capsule formulations. In terms of application, the pharmaceutical segment dominated the global microcrystalline cellulose demand with about 40 percent market share, by 2018-end.
- However, in the coming years, the demand in food and beverages industry is expected to grow multifold, considering regulatory authorities’ nod to microcrystalline cellulose as an approved food ingredient. The food & beverages segment is estimated to witness robust growth gaining a substantial market share—primarily driven by increasing acceptance of microcrystalline cellulose as bulking and anticaking agent in products such as soups, sauces, and drinks. In addition, microcrystalline cellulose also acts as a as a fat alternative, minus any calorific value.
- The cosmetics and personal care industry is expected to witness significant demand for microcrystalline cellulose in the coming years, considering its superior absorption capacity with low bulk quality. Moreover, application of microcrystalline cellulose as an alternative to synthetic gels or polymers will drive the product demand.
Scope of Report
|Historical Data Available for||2017-2021|
|Market Analysis||Units for Volume and US$ Mn for Value|
|Key Regions Covered||North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania, and MEA|
|Key Countries Covered||United States, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, Nordic, Russia, Poland, China, India, Thailand, Indonesia, Australia and New Zealand, Japan, GCC countries, North Africa, South Africa, others.|
|Key Market Segments Covered||Material, Applications, and Region|
|Key Companies Profiled||
Speak to our Research Expert: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/ask-question/rep-gb-1017
Regionally, China Exhibits Significant Demand for Microcrystalline Cellulose
- Expanding urban landscape coupled with steady growth of the pharmaceuticals industry, will push China and India to the fore, while both the regions collectively accounting for more than one-fourth of the market share by 2028-end. Moreover, changing dietary trends (growing inclination towards protein-rich diet) will further fuel microcrystalline cellulose demand in APAC.
- Latin America microcrystalline cellulose market lies in the high growth low valued region and is expected to follow the same trend, through 2028.
The global microcrystalline cellulose market showcases a moderately fragmented landscape, with tier-1 companies including DowDupont Inc., and Asahi Kasei Corporation showing dominance over approximately 45-50 percent market share. The local, tier-3 manufacturers of microcrystalline cellulose such as Mingtai Chemical Co., Ltd., Accent Microcell Pvt. Ltd, and Sigachi Industries Pvt. Ltd account to nearly 30-35 percent market share, having a relatively stronger hold on the regional geographies, compared to tier-2 manufactures—holding about 10-15 percent market share.
- Key players and research institutions are focusing on improving the quality of the final product using environmental-friendly solvents.
- Market participants are also investing production capacity expansion to meet the growing demand, amidst market consolidation efforts in the global microcrystalline cellulose landscape.
- Players are also focusing on feasibility study and development of distribution networks and efficient supply chains in the microcrystalline cellulose market.
Explore FMI’s Extensive ongoing Coverage on Chemicals & Materials
Cellulose Derivative Market – The global cellulose derivative market is primarily driven by the increasing demand from pharmaceutical, personal care, and cosmetic industries.
Enzymatically Hydrolyzed Carboxymethyl Cellulose Market – The major driving factors for the growth of the Global enzymatically hydrolyzed carboxymethyl cellulose market are increasing health consciousness among consumers and increasing pharmaceutical and cosmetics production.
Ethyl Cellulose Market – The growing technology in electronics is contributing to the growth of ethyl cellulose market.
Ethyl Methyl Cellulose Market – Ethyl methyl cellulose is prominently driven by the food industry. The market is anticipated to perform well shortly owing to sheer versatility of applications as an emulsifier, stabilizer and foaming agent in food and beverages industry.
Methyl Cellulose Market – Methyl cellulose provides the need of high fiber diet for an individual and thus is advantageous for patients suffering from constipation, hemorrhoids, diverticulosis and irritable bowel syndrome.
Nanocrystalline cellulose Market – Nanocrystalline cellulose is classified as a key evolving renewable nanomaterial that is likely to create huge influence on numerous end-user industries.
Microcrystalline Wax Market – Increasing demand for the decorative, scented, designer candles, packaging and cosmetics use, growing percent of tires and rubber related products contributes to the growth of microcrystalline wax.
Antimicrobial Coil Coating Market – According to latest research conducted on antimicrobial coil coating market, the size is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 10-11 % for the forecast period of 2021 to 2027.
Anti Soiling Coating Market – The market is set to witness steady growth during forecast period 2021 – 2031, progressing at a CAGR of more than 6% during the period.
Melamine Foam Market – The increasing demand for soundproof transportation in trains is anticipated to drive the melamine foam market positively.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, and has delivery centers in the UK, U.S. and India. FMI’s latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
Press Release Source: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/press-release/microcrystalline-cellulose-market