Prominent line-up of speakers will discuss most effective ways to build sustainable blockchain businesses
Following the success of Token Summit II in San Francisco last December, the bi-annual event will return for its third edition in New York City on May 16-17, 2018. Organized and hosted by blockchain author and investor, William Mougayar, and 1confirmation founder, Nick Tomaino, Token Summit III will be held at one of New York City’s most prominent event spaces, Basketball City at Pier 36.
The conference will primarily focus on designing token-based economies and creating value for users. With 50 speakers and 1,000 attendees from 60 countries, the conference will explore the frontier of blockchain-based decentralized models.
William Mougayar who is Managing Partner at newly formed JM3 Capital, a Swiss-based venture capital fund said, “It is imperative for investors, finance professionals, lawyers, fund managers, business executives, regulators, and entrepreneurs to be involved in the token-based economy, as innovation and new business models are changing the traditional world of finance, startups, and venture capital. The Token Summit prides itself on delivering a carefully curated program aiming to share real insights, while covering the latest developments in blockchain-based tokens, protocols, applications, and cryptoassets.”
Nick Tomaino added, “Our goal for Token Summit III is to motivate business model innovation on a global scale. We are at the forefront of a new economy that’s rapidly growing and we look forward to bringing together leading entrepreneurs and investors to discuss best practices on how to push the blockchain ecosystem forward.”
Among the confirmed speakers:
- The Hon Albert Isola MP, Gibraltar’s Minister for Commerce
- Fred Wilson and Brad Burnham, USV
- Nancy Wojtas, Cooley
- Matthew Roszak, Bloq
- EminGünSirer, Cornell University
- Lilya Tessler, McDermott, Will & Emery
- Joel Monegro and Chris Burniske, Placeholder
- Thomas Linder and Andreas Glarner, MME
- Muneeb Ali and Ryan Shea, Blockstack
- Preethi Kasireddy, TruStory
- Anthony Pompliano, Morgan Creek Capital
- David Sacks, Craft Ventures
- Amitt Mahajan, Rarebits
- Devin Finzer, Opensea
- Dieter Shirley, CryptoKitties
Some of the topics that will be explored at the Token Summit III include:
- CryptoAssets and tokens as securities
- Governance and cryptoeconomics
- Regulation and compliance
- Crypto-capital and venture capital
- Regional developments in Asia, Switzerland and Gibraltar
- Non-Fungible tokens and native assets
- Lessons from recent token launches
This year, Token Summit is working in coordination with the New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC) as part of Blockchain Week NYC, and will attract over 1,000 attendees, a doubling of last year’s attendance at NYU. In addition, a record number of 19 sponsors are supporting this event, with Bloq, Caspian, Element Group, Ledger, Orchid, ShapeShift, and VR All Art as Platinum Sponsors; and AELF, Bitbond, Changelly, Coinbase, Coinlist, Etherisc, Golem, Harbor, ORBS, Perkins Coie, Sora Ventures, and SirinLabs as Gold Sponsors.
For additional information on Token Summit III, please visit www.tokensummit.com.