Supervised machine learning Web Services APIs, auto table extraction, partner plug-ins, RESTful API lookups, on-the-fly priority management and new languages added to enhanced version
Ephesoft, Inc., the leading developer of supervised machine learning-based document capture and analytics solutions, today announced the release of Ephesoft Transact 4.5, its solution for smart document capture, classification and export of unstructured content. Version 4.5 includes over 200 new features and enhancements to help organisations accelerate data capture and analysis, reduce errors and increase productivity.
“The latest version of Ephesoft Transact adds often-requested features and important new functionality for our growing global customer base – from 5-person to Fortune 500 companies,” said Ike Kavas, CEO of Ephesoft. “System administrators, department heads and IT staff in banking, insurance and other industries processing high-volume, high-value documents will benefit from the increased power and efficiency of the Transact 4.5 platform, and the improved plug-in connectivity with web-based partner content services platforms. By enhancing our patented supervised machine learning technology, we continue to improve accuracy, speed and efficiency for our customers.”
The new version fits into Ephesoft’s innovative vision of changing the world’s unstructured content into actionable information for enterprises of all sizes. The ability to significantly speed up static, manual business processes with supervised machine learning algorithms for classification have already shown four-fold leaps in productivity, over 96 percent accuracy levels and innate competitive advantages.
New features in Ephesoft Transact 4.5 include:
• Machine learning Web Services APIs. This provides developers and IT professionals with flexibility to integrate machine learning into the classification part of existing document capture solutions.
• Auto extraction. Ephesoft Transact introduces powerful capabilities to configure and extract metadata from simple tables and line items. Admins can train the system to “learn” tables, improving accuracy – particularly with accounts payable processing.
• Improved processing speed. The Ephesoft platform runs on a 4-core processor as its baseline, which can be upgraded depending on the volume of documents to be processed. Customers with higher volumes of data will see up to a 64 percent performance increase.
• Export functionality for SAP, Box, SharePoint, and Web Services. This increases the export options for enterprises, including improved functionality for current and future versions of SAP. Ephesoft also extends its technology partner Box’s capabilities, providing customers with the industry’s first purely cloud-based solution. Ephesoft’s Box and SharePoint export plugins are ready-to-use connectors eliminating the need for custom code. Finally, the new Web Services export feature lets developers export directly from Transact to any custom Web Services endpoint.
• Added language support. Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Thai have been added to OCR functionality in addition to user interfaces in Dutch, English, French, German, Spanish and Italian, which are currently supported. For Transact on Linux (using the Nuance OCR engine), Transact 4.5 adds Arabic and Asian languages.
• Composite type bundling of metadata sets. In Transact 4.5, captured metadata can now be bundled in composite types. This allows the system to automatically recognise related sets of data such as addresses and their respective cities and zip codes, allowing for faster and more efficient processing of incoming metadata.
• Other features. Transact 4.5 adds knowledge bases, on-the-fly priority management, side-by-side table extraction, the ability to perform RESTful API lookups into other systems, as well as support for Microsoft Exchange Web Services.
• Additional supported operating systems. Windows 10, RHEL 7, Ubuntu 16.04, centOS 6.9, and centOS 7.2.
“We are anticipating a strong demand for the Ephesoft Transact 4.5 platform,” said Pat Myers, EVP at Zia Consulting, a platinum-level Ephesoft Partner and five-time Ephesoft Partner of the Year. “Multiple new supervised machine learning capabilities for classification along with Web Services will improve speed and efficiency for our customers, who process very high volumes of documents and data. The new exporting features into SAP, Box and SharePoint will allow Zia to launch solutions more quickly for our customers.”